Explosion in Baku entertainment centre leaves 10 injured
10 people have been injured in an explosion at the Megafun entertainment centre in Baku. There were no casualties.
Official accounts say that helium balloons exploded – however helium is non-flammable.
The explosion occurred on June 22 at a family celebration organized in an entertainment center, Report writes. Three people were taken to the hospital with burns, seven were given assistance on the spot, including several children.
One of the guests filmed the moment of the explosion on video, in which an entertainer juggles fireworks on the stage, and balloons float just below the ceiling. One of the fireworks hits the balloons, which then explode.
Police say the entertainer’s carelessness caused ‘helium’ balloons to explode.
This is turn has caused outrage on social media, where users have pointed out that helium is not flammable and cannot catch fire due to its chemical properties.
Facebook users say that the balloons were likely filled with some other gas.
“Anyone who has studied chemistry at least a little in school knows that helium does not explode! Do they think people are absolute idiots?”
“Helium is too expensive. So they probably used something cheaper.”
“Now everything is being blamed on the entertainer, although really its the people who pumped the balloons that are to blame.”