JAMnews is hiring!
We’re officially on the search for a new staffer to join our cross-Caucasus team.
The position entails two sets of responsibilities – one as the editor of the English-language content on our website, www.jam-news.net, and the second as the social media manager in charge of JAMnews’ English-language accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
Editorial responsibilities will include:
– managing English translations of the content published on the JAMnews website, making sure that they are stylistically consistent, grammatically accurate, and reflective of regional sensitivities
– adapting English texts to a wider audience, abridging them or providing them with additional detail to make them more comprehensible for foreign audiences
Responsibilities as the manager of JAMnews’ English-language accounts on Facebook and Twitter will include:
– Developing and implementing the strategy for building up JAMnews’ presence on the platforms
– Creating platform-specific content including text posts, videos, photos and graphics
– Designing, creating and managing promotions and social ad campaigns
– Monitoring, listening and responding to users
– Analyzing user engagement and suggesting content optimization and strategy adjustment
– Collaborating with JAMnews’ editors and other SMMs to ensure brand consistency
– Compiling end-of-month reports showing results
The ideal candidate would:
- be a native English speaker
- have a strong understanding of Russian. The addition of a local language (Armenian, Azerbaijani or Georgian) would be a big plus
- have proper copywriting and content management skills
- have proven experience working as a social media manager
- stay up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends
- be able to deliver creative content (text, image and video) on the fly
- understand social media KPIs
- be a team-player and have great presentation and communication skills
Those interested should submit a CV and motivation letter in English to: [email protected]
Deadline is 17 May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviews.