The explosion was caused by a gas leak in an apartment" />

Three die in residential building explosion in Azerbaijan

The explosion was caused by a gas leak in an apartment

A residential building exploded earlier this morning in Ganja, Azerbaijan.

Three bodies have been pulled from the rubble, and one wounded person has been sent to hospital.

According to preliminary data, the cause of the explosion was a gas leak in an apartment.

A year of attacks in Turkey

Fourteen evacuated after Yerevan flat explosion

Search and rescue work continues. Additional brigades of rescuers and canine teams came from Baku to help local forces to Ganja.

If the dogs are unable to find any survivors, the rubble will be cleared. A decision will then be made on the future of the building, says the head of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, Kamaleddin Heydarov.

In January of this year, a similar thing happened in Baku. An explosion occurred because of a gas leak in the basement of a residential building. One person was injured.


More on JAMnews