Coronavirus: the epidemiological situation in Georgia — March 3
• 217 possible cases have been investigated since the beginning of February in the Lugar laboratory in Georgia.
• Only three were confirmed to have the new coronavirus.
• On March 3, 6 new samples were received at the Lugar laboratory, which are being investigated for the possibility of coronavirus. They will have the answer later tonight. (The Lugar lab needs 5-6 hours to get the results from the test for the coronavirus).
• The Lugar lab already examined 23 samples on March 3. None of them tested positive for the coronavirus.
• There are 36 patients in Georgia with possible coronavirus symptoms in various hospitals (29 in the Tbilisi Infectious Disease Hospital, 5 in the sepsis center, two in Kutaisi)
• Up to 150 people have been quarantined in special isolated rooms provided by the Ministry of Health. More than 300 people are in their homes, in self-isolation. These people came from countries with a high risk of infection and have not been in physical contact with anyone during the 14-day incubation period.
This information was given to journalists on March 3 at 17:00 by the chairman of the Center for Disease Control Amiran Gamkrelidze.