Azerbaijan’s best university closed
‘Qafqaz’ University, that was recognized as Azerbaijan’s best private university according to the ‘Abituryent’ magazine, Azerbaijani Education Ministry’s official publication, is launching liquidation procedure upon its founder’s decision.
The University reported about the aforesaid on its official website, on January 18, 2017.
As the Azerbaijani International Educational Complex, a founder of ‘Qafqaz’ University, reported to official media, a special commission on liquidation of the university had been set up. The founder assured the students and their parents that there were no reasons for concern, that the academic process would continue and the students’ rights to further education would be secured.
• About 5,000 students study at ‘Qafqaz’ University
• The University was officially registered on September 11, 1995
• The University was initially founded by the Turkish Çağ Öyrətim İşlətmələri educational organization, which was part of the holding owned by disgraced Turkish politician, Fethullah Gülen, who lives in the USA now.
• Fethullah Gülen has been accused of orchestrating a coup attempt in Turkey.
• The International Educational Complex was transferred the university’s management rights on July 20, 2016 and the university was merged with Baku Higher Oil School , founded by the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR).